Tuesday, November 1, 2016

2D: Week 010 Assignment (Concept Discovery With 3D)

For this assignment my team was tasked with experimenting with concept discovery in 3D, fixing proxy objects that were critiqued last week, character designs and researching technical aspects of the project.

I experimented with concept discovery in 3D and assisted my team with the toon shader and outlines, as well as providing feedback to their work. I also updated the layout page, keeping in mind the critiques given last week.

 

With this assignment I played around with the toon shader, and especially the toon outlines, achieving the 2D look I wanted in 3D.

For the layout, I removed the scarecrows from the bottom of the page frame and made the frame a fence. I also added our stylized trees and little fields on the right and left. I made the windmill the centerpiece. I may make the centerpiece a barn instead. I softened the drop shadows on the notes as well, and made the image frames thinner.

Anthony














Anthony experimented with concept discovery in 3D. He also created a Barn proxy, Haystack proxy, a Pitchfork proxy and updated the Trees based on last weeks critique.

Matt




Matt experimented with concept discovery in 3D. He also created various Scarecrow Hats. He also created various Crows, keeping in mind the critiques of last week.

Michael





Michael experimented with concept discovery in 3D. He also turned his old scarecrow design into a dead scarecrow set piece, created various hats and character designs for the scarecrow. 

Ryan







Ryan experimented with concept discovery in 3D. He also updated the Scarecrow Stick proxy and the Fence proxy according to the critiques last week, as well as created a Wagon proxy.

Doug





Doug explored the nav mesh volume and how paths are generated for the player to be able to teleport around the environments. (See Doug's page for his research and details).

No comments:

Post a Comment